Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A shout out

After listening to my woes about the needle I was using for the Weave-it loom I found at an estate sale, Liana ordered me one that is so much thinner and longer! I tried it out this evening with an old ball of some crappy yarn I spun (very badly) a couple years ago. The yarn is ugly, poorly plied, inconsistent. Yuck. So I tossed it in a bin intending to use it as a core for spinning batts. Well, hold the presses! Stop the spinning wheels!  Who knew that weaving it would transform it into something so delightful?
 
Yay! And thank you, Liana! Not only did you make mini-loom weaving enjoyable, you saved a misunderstood and unappreciated skein of yarn from the crap bin!
 

3 comments:

  1. So glad I could help!!!! Your handspun square looks lovely and the handspun was saved an early death. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just dug the other two skeins of the same handspun out of the reject bin. I don't know what I'm going to make yet. Oh the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete

Let's all play nice