Friday, June 10, 2016

Picking up where I left off

I walked away from my computer and another year has gone by...and now I have two cats. What the hell?

I'm also knitting a Christmas stocking. Didn't I say a couple years ago that I'd never knit another Christmas stocking? Ok, so I'm a sucker for Santa.

This one is going to be for my grand niece who is expected to appear on July 4th. (Yeah, that makes my sister a grandma.) The pattern is the same one my mom knit for my sister and me when we were babies. All our kids have the same sock too. This will be the third generation sock and I've done a little tweaking to the pattern.

The pattern is by Mary Maxim and it's well over 50 years old. I still have the original, and I've tucked it safely away.  I'll post photos of the tweaked pattern in a few days, once I get a little further into it. I'll also post the pattern. (I can post it because it's old enough to be in the public domain, so no copyright issues.) For now, here's the same sock that I knit for my brother in law several years ago.


 More to come. This time I mean it.


1 comment:

Let's all play nice