Wednesday, February 13, 2013

About a package in the mail

Not much scares me, but this did. A box from Hunter's Reserve. They sell exotic meat, and I'm not an exotic meat kind of girl.


When I took the package out of the mailbox I saw it was really from my sister, that's when I got nervous. The fact that the box was hermetically sealed with nearly a roll of packing tape was alarming in itself. Was something in the package that was capable of escaping? I gently shook the box and only got a light shuffling sound in response. No clunking, rattling or grunting. Get the scissors!

It's important to point out that it's not my birthday, nor is it even close to my birthday. We don't  exchange gifts for Groundhog's Day, President's Day, Fat Tuesday or Valentine's Day. Why would my sister be sending me a box? She knew this would mess with me. 

It's too heavy for yarn (I can accurately weigh 100 grams just by touch), and the shuffling sound didn't sound quite right.

A wad of newspapers and a note....


 
Eek!! Two hand-turned wine bottle stoppers made by my brother-in-law, Scott! 
 
 
Spotted tamarind on the left and cocobola on the right. It's hard to see in the photo, but the cocobola stopper has these cool little decorative lines around the top and base. He used the scoring wires we gave him for Christmas to make the designs.
 
But I have a question. How do these work with boxed wine?

1 comment:

Let's all play nice