Sunday, March 2, 2014

Freshening up a bit

I think a little freshening up is order. The plain background was a bit boring. Hope you like it!

The photo is of one of my favorite hand-dyed yarn skeins sold long ago on Etsy. It's fun and inspiring to go through old photos.

As promised in my last blog...upcoming adventures! I've taken the plunge and signed up to go to Stitches South 2014 with Liana, LeAnn and Lori in April. It's in 1 month, 1 week and 1 day. Can't wait!

Also, I finished up a pair of ultra warm socks and just in time! The weather radio is squawking a winter storm warning. Ice accumulations from 1/2 to 1 inch. Snow. Death and destruction. Pandemonium. Chaos. Gnashing of teeth. Hurling oneself over a cliff. You know the drill...

But back to the socks: knit with "Jarbo Garn Raggi Multi" yarn, top down, on size 5 needles. They knit up super fast and are by far the warmest wool socks I own. My feet are size 9-9 1/2 and each sock took nearly a skein, 52 stitches around and knit in a k3/p1 pattern. It was my intention to mismatch the striping of the yarn, and if you know me, having something mismatched is a huge departure from my nearly OCD/anal retentive tendencies about things being the way things need to be. The heel, gusset and toe are basic, nothing fancy. I love them!




I must confess, I told myself that I bought the yarn because I was going to knit them for Zack for Christmas, but after a couple inches I knew the socks would be mine. Actually, I think I knew the socks would be mine when I bought the yarn. Who am I fooling? And if I don't 'fess up, Liana will surely call me out on it (again)! 

2 comments:

  1. That's why God placed me on this earth, to call you out. heeheeee. Hey, are you going to be able to tell all the L's apart on our trip to Stitches? Liana, LeAnn, Lori?? How will you stand it? You might just have to say Hey you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We could refer to me by last name? Liana, LeAnn, Lori, Lannan!
    LiLeLoLa perhaps?

    ReplyDelete

Let's all play nice