Thursday, November 14, 2013

Something old, something new

I couldn't figure out which project to highlight today. Should I conform to the recent "throwback Thursday" trend on Facebook? Should I show off my newest finished object? Decisions, decisions.

Why not both?

This photo is me, taken this morning in my bathroom (before coffee), wearing my latest finished piece--the "Lacy Baktus" scarf/shawlette knit in Lana Grossa Lace Lux. This has been my travel knitting for the past several months. The pattern is quite simple, perhaps too simple. I can't count how many times I had to rip the sucker back because I forgot to increase or spaced out the YO, K2TOG row.


The yarn is a viscose/wool blend. It's a neat blend of fuzzy halo and silky sheen, and it's a lot warmer than I orginally thought it would be. That's important because the temperature in my office is a bracing 63 degrees. I have learned to layer and incorporate fashionable scarves into my wardrobe. I'm really not trying to be trendy, just trying to keep warm.

Now for the old project. I was going through a stack of computer backup CDs the other day and came across a photo of this little guy. I knit him for a coworker who was going through a particularly nasty personal crisis. Nothing says "happy happy" like a purple bunny!


 
I don't remember exactly when I knit him, but it was way before Ravelry was in existence. I purchased the yarn from Angel Hair Yarn Co. when they were still in their original shop. (They have since closed their doors.) This was also before Haus of Yarn opened their doors. Those of you familiar with Nashville should know the time frame. I'm talking at least 12 years ago, maybe longer.

The pattern is from Fiber Trends and I used 2 skeins of Noro Kureyon with a little bit of Plymouth Galway for the tail, feet and ears. I wonder if he's still spreading happiness. After knitting this little guy I knit several more...because you know what they say about rabbits and multiplication.

As for tomorrow's "What-the-Fugly?", stay tuned! I've been researching projects over the past week and, with a little help from my friends (and you know who you are), stumbled upon the mother lode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's all play nice