Friday, May 10, 2013

About bananas

The good folks at Groupon sent me an e-mail yesterday that contained a list of household items and accessories that might interest me. I have purchased Groupons in the past for restaurants or discounted admission tickets to a local attraction or two, but not for goods and services. There's no particular reason other than nothing they have sent has interested me. When the e-mails come in, I give the contents a quick glance and then hit the delete button.

That was exactly what I did yesterday to this e-mail that advertised:

57% Off 3-Pack of Banana Bunkers, Tanda Zap Acne Treatment Device, Handmade Monogram Necklaces & More
I opened it, scrolled down, hit delete and then.... What? Banana bunker? Did I just see that? Undelete! Yes, I saw exactly what I thought I saw. I am now interested.





Wink, wink, nudge, nudge! Can you imagine pulling this out of a lunch box/bag in front of coworkers, classmates, my sister...or my knitting buddies? Seriously! Let the ridicule and tacky jokes begin. Oh, I totally get the concept but...ribbed? gentle curve? And I always thought these things ran on batteries, not bananas. Who knew?

In my opinion, a pack of three is overkill, but I do like the different colors. Might I suggest pink or purple, maybe add some sparkle?

I went to the website to buy a set, but they are sold out. Surprised? I'm not.


2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    HAHAHA!

    HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LeAnn, I thought about you and our conversation on ways to embarrass our children. Pack a bunkered banana in their lunch!

    ReplyDelete

Let's all play nice