Friday, May 31, 2013

It followed me home

I stumbled upon this little gem at an antiques shop in Celina, Tennessee this past week. It followed me home.

It's an Ashford Traditional spinning wheel that's about 15 years old. I got it for a hundred bucks. I almost feel guilty. Almost.

She (this wheel is definitely a female) is pretty dirty and her original finish wasn't applied very carefully. My plan is to take it completely apart and do a complete overhaul. The only thing I probably can't correct is the chip on smallest whorl of the flyer. However, I don't think the chip will adversely impact the spinning. It looks like there's enough of the groove left for the drive band to operate as it should. (Fingers crossed.)

These are the before photos. Let the games begin!








 
Like I need three spinning wheels....but that's not the point of today's blog post. I'll save that introspection for later.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Let's all play nice